Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Thoughts

So many thoughts today. I'm not sure where to start. You know that neighbor that has always been there? As long as you can remember they have been at birthday parties and ward activities and walking around the neighborhood. They don't hesitate to drop everything to help when needed. They are a constant fixture, a part of home. Well that all changed today. Last week Leland and his daughter Robyn were in a car accident. They were T-boned going through an intersection. They said Leland was fine. But he wasn't. Sunday he was admitted to the hospital. He got worse from there. This morning he passed away.

I don't know what to say about this man that has always stepped in to help. He always made sure we had somewhere to go. Dinner delivered. Blessings given. Plenty of tomatoes or other produce from the garden. I can't imagine going home and not seeing him walking the neighborhood or working on his beautiful yard. I can't imagine seeing Hilda without Leland.

Already irritated contacts+ news like this= very sore eyes.


No comments:

Post a Comment