Christmas is my favorite time of year. I love the lights, the spirit of the season. Sitting in junior primary will really help you get in the Christmas mood. We are learning the song, Picture A Christmas. "Picture a stable in Judea. Picture a sacred, silent night. And Can you hear the angels near and see the star so bright? Picture the little baby Jesus. Think of his life and words so dear. Sing praise to Him, remember Him as you picture Christmas this year." This song is not one that I usually listen to at Christmas time. But as we've been learning it I've come to love it. I focuses us on the true meaning of Christmas, a little child born in Bethlehem and laid in a manger.
Today the kids were asked what their favorite song about Jesus was. After my rambunctious sunbeams sang "Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam" (twice), we sang "I'm trying to be like Jesus" and "A Child's Prayer". Sitting in primary will really teach you how to feel the spirit of these special children. They know that their Heavenly Father loves them. They know that he answers their prayers and will hear them when they need him. They have learned this through Primary teachers but also from their parents. They know so much about our Savior and they are always willing to help out whenever needed. They really want to become like him. Every one of my sunbeams can point Jesus out to you in pictures. Every time we ask them what we talked about they say "Jesus!" And they are so excited about it.
I was able to go to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert this last weekend. It was incredible. They were able to portray the wonder of Christmas through the eyes of a child. The spirit was so strong in that room. The special children that were able to participate brought such a great happiness. They sang one song titled "Keep Christmas With You" that reminds us that Christmas is a feeling. It is a feeling of giving, of remembering and of love.
I hope that as we go throughout the rest of this Christmas season we can focus on the true meaning of Christmas and remember Him as we picture our Christmas this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment